Parody/Pastiche

original text: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/16/isis-bombs-hostage-syria-islamic-state-paris-attacks


Rationale
I have read the text of 'I was held hostage by ISIS. They fear our unity more than airstrikes'. This text is an opinion column which shows the author's opinion about how ISIS can be innocent. I have chosen to write a short parody using the literal devices utilized in this short column. I applied hyperbole when describing the 'innocence' of ISIS in order to emphasize the irony presented. I do agree to the main message of the chosen column, which is 'instead of bombing the ISIS territory, the world have to unit', however the bias within the text was somewhat arguable.




ISIS is, yes, a group of innocent people who does not know anything about killing. In my experience of getting held hostage by the ISIS, they did not know how to do anything (well, except for beheading people) !

Even now, I chat with them using social media, even though I know that connecting with them through internet can result in severe consequences, and I need to report them to the government. Well, after all, they are public 'heroes'. I mean, when I was held hostage, and sent into their jails, all we deed was play childish games of who would be beheaded first.

They are actually gaining interest on the social media nowadays. According to what I have realized from my experience is that they are conscious of everything happening around them. They feel that everything is towards Allah so all their terrorism acts, including the massive terror in Paris, is all forgivable.

 Then, there is the problem with the government trying to get rid of the ISIS place by bombing them. This is the worst choice anyone can make since that could also result in deaths of innocent terrorists. I mean in my experience of getting held hostage, I realized how the terrorists are innocent.

After all, according to my experience, ISIS is innocent and the real priority is the president of Syria. All the faults are dependent on the president of Syria, not on the ISIS. Yes, ISIS did the killings but who cares, my personal experience of getting held hostage by them shows that ISIS is not the real problem, but the president of Syria, Bashar al-Assad is the real thing we need to fight.

So, what I am saying is do not bomb the ISIS territory, but the world have to unite together against them.

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Fictional Interview with Lady Gaga - fictional interview with an artist who impacted the society

What is the value of preserving indigenous language?

English Lang&Lit Sept1