English Lang&Lit Sept1

About me

Hello :) My name is Cathy Jung (Seo  yeon)
It is my first year at Raha, and lived in Abu dhabi for 2 and a half year. My hobby is drawing and I want to be a graphic designer in the movies. My goal is to get in to my "dream" institute with a scholarship. 


About Language

I decided to be in Lang&Lit because I believe that language has great significance in my life and that it will affect greatly in my future careers as well. In 21st century, everyone is becoming international. The first step of becoming a successful "international" person is to know the "international language"-English. Without knowing the language, one would not be able to communicate one's own thoughts and feelings. For instance, when I was 3, I went to United States. Obviously, I did not have any kind of knowledge with English. At preschool I always felt left out since I could not communicate- it took me years of studying.


Thank you for reading and I included some recent drawings to show myself :)









댓글

  1. You are very talented at drawing! Keep it up! But I disagree with you that English is and is going to be the world's interntional language. I have feeling that the trend is going to change.

    답글삭제
  2. All the art work is amazing, what inspired you to become a graphic designer?

    답글삭제
  3. 작성자가 댓글을 삭제했습니다.

    답글삭제
  4. Hi Seo Yeon. I hope that through this course you will become more confident with English and benefit from it's role as an international language of communication. However, this course will also focus the importance of preserving our mother tongues as well because of how intricately linked they are to our culture and identity.

    답글삭제

댓글 쓰기

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Fictional Interview with Lady Gaga - fictional interview with an artist who impacted the society

What is the value of preserving indigenous language?