My pitch reflection

1. What main appeals did you use in your pitch?

In our advertisement pitch, we used appeal to logic. Personally, I used appeal to humor as well.

2. Why did you decide they would be the most effective? Examples?

As this is an advertisement pitch, our team decided to use appeal to logic (logos) the most because this would also appeal to credibility. Anyone who decides to introduce a topic or to persuade someone needs to sound 'smart'. This is not a must but it is better to sound smart. Humans' brains are just made to trust the words that sounds logical and appealing. So, our team decided to use appeal to logic. Also, after watching other teams' pitches, I realized that everyone was making this sound really formal. So, I decided to sound 'smart' while making everyone pay attention to my words more by making appeal to humor as well.
To appeal to humor I made my voice tone change according to my ideas. Also imitated voices of other people. Additionally I made lots of gestures to grab my audiences' attention.

3. How did an awareness of audience and context influence your overall approach to this activity? 

I had my intended audience as 'the CEO of a company that have listened to 10 pitches about their product's commercial and is very exhausted'. Since the CEO listened to various types of pitches, I thought I need to be different so that the CEO will remember our pitch. Additionally, the context was 'advertisement pitch about fake meat in Shanghai', I used some Shanghai dialects and tried to sound convincing.


*OVERALL*
If I were to do this pitch again, I will try to pace my words slowly and use more logos and pathos while convincing.

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Fictional Interview with Lady Gaga - fictional interview with an artist who impacted the society

What is the value of preserving indigenous language?

English Lang&Lit Sept1